Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pinterest pass or fail

I have become a Pinterest junkie!  It makes me want to be Martha Stewart (minus the jail time).  I have come across some things that have been life altering and some that have been utter failures.  I think that I will dedicate some time now and again to share my Pinterest pass or fails.

Last weekend I got to meet a new and really cool group of ladies that I quilted with for the whole weekend at a retreat center near Estes Park.  We all a good weekend, some of us were very productive and some of us fell into a deep dark hole and didn't get a single thing done (me).  I talked too much and sewed too little. But out of all the conversation of course Pinterest came up and it was decided that the recipes on Pinterest never work out.  Well, I tried one last night and I am happy to say that it was a "Pinterest Pass"!

The Original recipe that I 'pinned' for Crusted Butternut Squash

My end results.  I should have used less of the breadcrumb mixture so that it would actually get crispy in the oven, but it still tasted great.

"I like this kind of dinner!"

My son ate four pieces of squash last night and when I asked him what he wanted for breakfast this morning he promptly answered, "yummy squash".

That is all I have for today so I will leave with a random though courtesy of my son, "Robot dogs can eat dominos because robot dogs can't choke".

2 comments:

  1. Love the Mason quotes! And glad to hear that recipe was a pass. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I will have to try this one! Another Pinterest junkie here too!

    ReplyDelete